LAVERDAMANIA Index du Forum
LAVERDAMANIA
Forum du site Laverdamania, consacré aux motos classiques Laverda

LAVERDAMANIA Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion
:: Letter to Massimo ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    LAVERDAMANIA Index du Forum -> General discussions (registered members only) -> Informal discussions (registered members only)
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
sfcl
Administrateur

Masculin
Vos motos: 1000 3CL 77, 1000 3CL 78, 750 GT 69, Miniscooter 60 1963, 1200 proto + 3 autres à remonter

MessagePosté le: Mer 29 Mai - 15:03 (2013)    Sujet du message: Letter to Massimo Répondre en citant

I received a letter from an Italian friend, devoted to Massimo Laverda. Very nice and emotional, just like only latin people can think and write. Here is the translation, hope you will enjoy just like I enjoyed it myself!

I was born and I grew up in Naples in Cacciottoli street, and then I lived for years in an elegant building in the street Massimo Stanzione, where my father (who was a lawyer) had bought a large apartment to make our home and his workshop.

And this magical way (for me), started my love affair with motorcycles.

In this street Massimo Stanzione, was a machine shop, run by the great "Don Vincenzo Angrisani."

The workshop was Angrisani reference and meeting point for bikers Naples at the time (we're talking 1968) and almost all owners of Norton, Triumph, BSA, Ducati Scrambler etc.. including (from memory), Mario De Luca, Marco De Rose, Sabatino Borrelli, Alfredo "rock" Fiorillo, Antonio Lancers Sasa 'Morgione, and many others, who became my idols. I often spent my afternoons long been outside the shop to see all the drivers coming and going, talking to each other and, especially with the legendary Don Vincenzo, who has always gave wise advice to all bikers. That was the thing that struck most fantasies of my 11 years, they were all beautiful, rich, tanned, happy and with beautiful girls in the back of the bike, "dressed" with great mini-skirts ...

That year, my reward for college entrance, my father gave me a great bike race, a GRAZIELLA produced by the legendary factory of Venetian VITTORIO Carnielli, blue, with whom I walked the area at high speed until Workshop Don Vincenzo, Graziella was imagining that my max moto ...

One day, I was attracted by a crowd of bikers massed in front of the workshop around a motorcycle. I timidly approached and asked permission to see and I stood there, breathless ... Because in front of me was the bike that made me the most dream the top of my 11 years ... Laverda 750SF first arrived in Naples, purchased by Pikki Simeon (Pikki was the owner of the Ducati 250 Scrambler in Naples ...).

This bike was beautiful, large, majestic, expressing the power and fear just by looking at it, and the thing that impressed me was his only roar and Smiths counters with speed to 240 km per hour!

I did not sleep all night ...

The following day, I spent constantly in Don Vincenzo to admire the Laverda, and he, with great affection (he was one of the people who have most influenced my life motorcyclist), approached me and said: "Ettore, look what I give you ..." He opened a small booklet and presented me with a brochure and a Laverda 750 Laverda tricolor beautiful sticker, I immediately put on my bike Graziella, who in my imagination and became my first Laverda 750SF.

It was the end of June and Sunday, we were invited by a friend of my mother to spend a day in their beautiful country estate near BATTIPAGLIA, so I asked my father to take my bike . So he put the bike in the trunk of the Fiat 1100 and we started at the beginning of the morning, travel to BATTIPAGLIA.

Once there, and after the first jokes with our guests, myself, my brother Andrew and Augustus - the son of the house - we started to run the bike around the villa, on a path with very little asphalt and a lot of gravels.

Convinced that I was the owner of a Laverda 750SF, faster than all the others, I had a terrible fall that destroyed my beautiful GRAZIELLA and sent me to the hospital for injuries to both legs (At 11 years the must was wearing short pants!). It was lunch time, the hosts have organized a sumptuous banquet, but because we had rushed to the hospital we come to the table only at 3PM. I sat, stunned, my legs bandaged, lying on a lounge chair ...

Among the guests was the brother of the mistress of the house, a young engineer, who was expecting a visit from a friend of him who had just got married and returned from honeymoon from the Amalfitan Coast.

After lunch, I went up to the engineer, who was smoking a cigarette, and, with the innocence of my 11 years, I told him: "You see, my bike is very fast, because it is a Laverda motorcycle ... ". The engineer smiled and said, "And what do you know about Laverda?." So I told him about the 750SF and workshop Don Vincenzo ...

The engineer smiled again and said: "Ettore, despite the fall, today is your lucky day and you will get a nice surprise"

I did not understand, and stunned by the fall, I dozed off ...

Later, friends of the engineer arrived, and after the ritual presentation with my parents, the engineer came up to me with his young friend ... Tall, thin, with glasses, elegant look. With a big smile, the engineer said, "Ettore, this is my classmate and my great friend the engineer Massimo Laverda."

I was totally petrified, then obsequious and disbelief, I got up and I mumbled something vaguely. The engineer Laverda, Gentleman, made me lie down, crouched beside me and slowly began to tell me about his beautiful motorbikes and the Laverda factory.

When we took leave to return to Naples, the engineer Laverda hugged me tightly in his arms, asked me for my address and as a result he sent me a model (Policar brand) and full documentation on their bikes with a great collection of Laverda stickers.
What a great man ... and what an emotion when arrived the huge envelope with the inscription Moto Laverda BREGANZE,! These are moments I will never forget!

And then, some time ago, unexpectedly, the engineer Massimo Laverda went prematurely at the age of only 64 years, with all its beautiful motorcycles on the beautiful roads of Paradise. And, my friends, I cried.

Ettore Freda
Visiter le site web du posteur
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mer 29 Mai - 15:03 (2013)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    LAVERDAMANIA Index du Forum -> General discussions (registered members only) -> Informal discussions (registered members only) Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
onyx © theme by larme d'ange 2006